First, the hockey things.
-Cody Hodgson and Yann Sauve are skating their cute little butts off at the Hockey Canada development camp for the World Juniors this week. They have both collected a couple of goals and assists in the scrimmages, and I heard Sauve has been pushing guys around. Good stuff. Go little baby Canucks Go.
-Steve Tambellini is now the Oilers GM. While it kind of feels like another guy is jumping ship, good for him. It kind of sucks it had to be the Oilers he went to, but oh well. It was probably the best move for both the Canucks and Tamby. I’m no insider, but I imagine Tamby was not too pleased about being passed over for Gillis, and it might have made things a little uncomfortable. I wish him luck with the Oilers.
-This does not please me.
Barry said there have not been any discussions to date on an extension for Ohlund. The 31-year-old defenceman, now the senior member of the team, will earn $3.5 million this season.
From Elliot Pap’s article in the Vancouver Sun. Gillis better get on this or he’ll make this Canucks blogger cry.
-The Lightning had their development camp in Victoria, and I went to watch the scrimmages this week. It was great to see some actual hockey in July, and those boys can sure skate.
All of the coolest of the cool kids bloggers are making lists of a “100 things” to pass the time of the off season. A list of any 100 things about yourself. I stole the idea from the fabulous Heather B over at Top Shelf. Here are my first 25 things.
- I’m hopelessly addicted to coffee. If I don’t have a cup in the morning and a cup in the afternoon, I can’t function as a human being. It’s a bad scene.
- My favourite season is fall.
- I’m absolutely terrible at math.
- I adore horses, and I’ve ridden them for over half my life. My horse’s full name is Montego Bay, or Tego for short. He also quite often gets called Button.
- Clowns scare me like nothing else.
- I think defence is the foxiest position in hockey.
- One of the prettiest things in the world to me is a wide open prairie skyline.
- Crocs, flavoured creme brule, and pink hockey jerseys are crimes against humanity.
- I’m not a morning person.
- When I was little, I desperately wanted to be a jockey, and I was devastated when I had my growth spurt, and was way too tall.
- I think pigs are totally adorable and I have a bunch of silly pig related things in my house.
- I’m a real breakfast lover, and I could eat cereal at every meal.
- Even though it’s totally lame, I collect shot glasses from every new place I travel to.
- I’m a dog person. My family has a golden retriever at home, and I’ve wanted to get a Boston Terrier for ages. I quite often worry that I’ll fall in love with a dude that hates dogs.
- About every 3 months, I get bored with my hair and want to change it. Right now it’s short and blonde, and it was dark brown for a year. I want to dye it a different colour at the moment.
- When I’m flying, I have to have the aisle seat, otherwise I freak out the whole flight.
- I hate to drive. I know I should just go and get my full licence, and I hate always having to ask people for rides, but I just don’t feel comfortable being in control of a car.
- I’m a fast reader. Once when I had to get some career testing done, they tested my reading speed for shits and giggles. I can read 522 words per minute.
- I have a horrible sense of direction.
- I’m a complete history nerd. Especially the medieval period.
- I hate asking people for help.
- My favourite song of all time is Al Green’s Let’s Stay Together.
- I love Disneyland. I could go there again and again.
- I don’t understand what’s so great about camping. Sleeping on the ground, being cold all the time, getting covered in bugs, and having to eat off one of those stupid stoves? I just don’t get it at all.
- I love hockey because of the game. If the guys all looked like Frankenstein, I would still watch it religiously. Having said that, here is my list of the 10 hottest bitches in the NHL.