– That Swedish guy is still undecided. Meh. I’m so tired of hearing about that. Just hold on to that lovely 10 million for something else, Gillis, and play the kids. Then you can afford to extend the Sedins and Matty Ohlund, and buy some younger toys if you need to.
-The off season makes you pay too much attention to prospects, because they seem to be the only ones playing right now. But look how pretty…
Hurry back hockey, before I become a total drooly girl…
– USA Hockey released an article about hockey blogs, and while I applaud the fact they’re talking about blogging and how cool it is, there were two things that bugged me.
1. This quote, “Only recently have bloggers begun to shed the stereotypical image of a sports junkie posting his computer-generated rants from the safety of his parent’s basement.”
Not to sound like a crazy feminist, but dude. There are tons of totally rad blogs out there written by girls these days. And the percentage of female fans watching hockey is increasing all the time.
2. Hockeybuzz being listed as the third best blog on the internet. Excuse me, but what? Eklund anonymously posts NHL rumours that he hears from his “inside” sources, and several of the team blogs are poorly written and grammatically incorrect. Not that I think my blog is an absolute literary masterpiece, but I wouldn’t expect to be in a top 10 blog list either. Kukla’s Korner and James Mirtle deserve to be on that list. Hockeybuzz? Not so much.
100 Things Part 3
51. I always waffle between wanting to live in the country with a bunch of animals, or right in the city. I love animals and barns and wide open fields, but I also love being able to walk out my door and go to a movie, or the grocery store, or clothes shopping within minutes.
52. One of my favourite authors ever is Hunter S. Thompson. His writing style totally rocks and is one of a kind. The Rum Diary is just a great summer read, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is totally messed up and awesome. I was bummed when he committed suicide.
53. I love pretty much every genre of music except jazz. It just bothers me. It sounds like everyone is on speed, and it doesn’t have a beginning, middle, or end. I guess I don’t understand it.
54. My favourite fruit is a mango.
55. I don’t think most people understand that the city of Saskatoon is awesome.
56. Downhill skiing scares me. I never learned to stop efficiently, and I always imagine myself crashing into a tree.
57. I have a brother and a sister and I get along really well with my family.
58. The sexiest movie character ever might be Matt Damon as Jason Bourne.
59. Sometimes I feel like hitting my head against a wall when I think too hard about the Canucks having the best line in hockey, but Dan Cloutier in net and Marc Crawford as a coach, and then in a different time period having Lui in net, but no dynamic scoring. I know there’s no point, because what’s done is done. But man. Sometimes you wonder why these guys can’t do anything right.
60. Funny guys are the best. I would happily marry Jon Stewart.
61. I’ve mistrusted goats ever since one butted me at a petting zoo when I was little.
62. I went to private school for middle school and high school and I loved it whenever I wasn’t being sent home for dyeing my hair pink or getting a Saturday detention for having my shirt untucked more than three times.
63. I’ve always been slightly annoyed that I didn’t get either an amazing singing voice or great artistic talent.
64. While I love the idea of libraries, I hardly ever actually take books out, because I’m addicted to new book smell.
65. I’ve bitten my nails for as long as I can remember. About once a month I try to quit, but it never really works for long. One of these days, it will happen.
66. I think wearing fur is tacky.
67. The best sound in the world is a barn late at night, when all you can hear is horses munching on hay.
68. I hate, hate, hate New Years. I think it’s the most overrated holiday in the world. For ages, I kept thinking I would eventually have a really fun, memorable New Years eve, but I never have. I think from now on, I’ll just stay in and eat some junk food, and plan what hockey games I’ll go to for the next year.
69. I think giraffes are wonderful and extremely cute. I know this must completely shock you, if you’ve spent more than five minutes reading the Humming Giraffe.
70. While this is probably very unpatriotic of me, I can’t stand Poutine. Those cheese curds gross me out.
71. I hate my feet, so I’m always wearing socks, even in the summer. I also hate wearing flip flops.
72. My favourite movie of all time is probably a tie between The Sandlot and Office Space.
73. I can’t cook well at all. I can manage pasta and that’s about it.
74. When I was really little I had an imaginary friend named Duty. He wore a polka dot tie.
75. I love being on boats.