The Canucks have posted this on their web site, and it somehow relates to the Oilers game on Saturday at GM Place. Nobody ever said this team was normal.
Who else suffered rejection for an NHL franchise, but never quit?
Who else turned a symbol of tradition into a passionate tradition copied all across sports?
Who else survived the insults of the Flying “V”, the Plate of Spaghetti and the Skate going down?
Who else turned a symbol of surrender into a passionate tradition copied all across sports?
October 25th, 2008 General Motors Place
Ok then. Something to do with the number 7 obviously.
– 7 hours of therapy the Canucks are going to give me free of charge for sitting through last season.
– $700 to reimburse me for the liquor I have consumed following the Canucks over the past 2 and a half seasons.
– 7 words of Swedish that Matty Ohlund, Alex Edler, and the twins will teach me how to say when the Canucks give me a press pass.
– 7 goals that Lui will let the Oilers have on Saturday.
– 7 guys that go streaking during the first intermission on Saturday.
– 7 fights that Kevin Bieksa, Mike Brown, Shane O’Brien, and Big Bear get into with the Oilers.
– 7 times I have to drink during the game listening to Marc Crawford and Mark Lee’s play by play.