I’ll be honest, I was busy most of the night, and only saw the game in bits and pieces, so be prepared for spotty at best analysis. From what I got to see, it was entertaining yet sloppy.
– I am so in love with the third line. They do everything, shut down other lines, play dangerously even strength, penalty kill, and they look great doing it.
Jannik Hansen is a total cutie pie, and it was nice to see him get two goals. He had been working hard, just none of the scoring chances were hitting the net.
What more can you say about Kes? The boy only has 9 points in 8 games to lead the team. Everyone thought last season was his break out, career year, but maybe he hasn’t even hit his ceiling yet.
Too bad Burr missed on that glorious chance he had against Garon, but being oh so charming on After Hours can make up for a lot. Not to mention he’s tied with Hank Sedin for points, with only a $500 000 cap hit.
Is it possible to be in love with a whole line at once?
– The one chance I got to actually sit down and focus on the game for a few minutes last night, what did I get to see? Matty Ohlund getting in a totally foxy fight with Eric Cole and making Cole look silly. He doesn’t get mad often, so when he does, I adore it. He was also the only defenceman to finish +1.
– This will be shocking to hear, but I am delighted by Kyle Wellwood. I am now fully pulling for him to stick around, silly chubby cheeks and all. The only time the power play looks remotely dangerous is when Wellwood is dressed. He’s also just totally quirky and an interesting interview. Maybe he’s finally figured things out.
– Mason Raymond scored two beautiful goals. He’s still making mistakes, but if the Canucks stay patient, he should be very fun to watch for a long time.
– Were the Sedins kicked out of IKEA for life sending them into a spiral of depression? I don’t know why they’re struggling so much.
– The GA still concerns me, and I know Lui has slow starts, but October is almost at an end. A GAA of 3.29 and a .889 save percentage are not pretty numbers. I know there have been games with bad defensive coverage, even so, he still has to stop letting those soft goals in. It does please me they’re somehow near the top of the league in GF.
– The 7 riddle was revealed to be the fans acting as a 7th man. It seems kind of silly and corny to me, yet maybe it will make GM Place louder during home games, and it is nice the Canucks acknowledged they have caused their fans 38 years of anguish. I’m still hoping to get my liquor bill taken care of though.
– I hate the Oilers more and more each time we play them, and Eric Cole is definitely top of that list after elbowing Matty Ohlund in the head. They are even coming close to Calgary in my hierarchy of hate. Although the more you hate them, the more fun it is to beat them.
– Let’s hope they found the winning spirit within again and keep it up against the Bruins.