– It was nice to see that Lui seemed to really enjoy the All Star weekend. Even though I was terrified he was going to hurt his man part again, it was cool that he was able to go. He was pretty funny when he was miced up. Oh and whoever gave him his new haircut deserves a medal. The short curls are so much better than that long drug dealer thing he had going on last year. He’s looking very fetch. Even Joe Thorton told E! that Lui was hot. Heh.
– I liked how they decided to let the young stars take part in the skills stuff this year. Mason Raymond kind of slipped and bailed out of the fastest skater, but I think it was worth it to get to see Lui comfort him afterwards. So adorable. Hopefully scoring in the YoungStars game will transfer to regular NHL games. I was kind of starting to think he was never going to score again.
Good shirt choice.
– Zdeno Chara has totally stolen my heart. How completely awesome and adorable was it that he turned the hardest shot into a charity thing? He seems to be classy and smart and all those good things you want NHLers to be. I was sold when he came out in that little tassled toque. So fantastic.
You go, Big Guy!
– I knew absolutely nothing about Jay Bouwmeester before the All Star game except for the fact that he is pretty damn good at hockey and everyone wants to trade for him/sign him in free agency. He’s actually delightfully nerdy and seems shy and intoverted which is kind of cool. As someone who is naturally introverted and used to be crazy shy, I can relate to him, ya know? Much more than say Ovechkin or someone. I don’t think Gillis has the bills for him, but I sure wouldn’t say no.
He would be such a good lab partner.
– I’ve been making sneaky eyes at Luke Schenn all season. He’s all kinds of adorable. I mean take his pretty face, and his overall prairie nice polite boyness(We raise them right in Saskatchewan. Heh) , and I bet he’s beating off the girls in Toronto with a stick.
Just makes me want to smile too
Daammmn. Very good at hockey.
– Vinny Lecavalier can work an old man sweater like no one else. And I would stay away from Montreal as long as I could if I were him. Those peeps are scary, yo. Awesome. But scary.
Work it, Vinny.
– Does anyone want to bet on whether or not the Canucks will start winning again? They do have a good record against the Predators recently… and this little website here tells us that the Canucks have a 52% chance of making the playoffs. WOOOO! That’s a passing grade! H/T to Earl Sleek from BoC for the link.