– We got little baby Nathan McIver back from Anaheim in exchange for Mike Brown! I am totes excited about this because I have always had an irrational amount of love for McIver. It was actually almost heartbreaking for me when he was claimed off waivers. With the depth of d the Canucks have for the moment, I’m sure we won’t see him, but he’ll get to play a ton in Manitoba. Welcome back Nate Doggy Dog and good luck Mikey Brown with the Ducks.
– Look what’s on my desktop background right now.
Can our Captains work it or what?
It’s to advertize for the Canucks Dice and Ice event which happens tonight. It’s a super good cause and I always love all the photos and video that come out after it with the guys in their swanky suits.
– The Canucks wonder prospect keeps getting props for everywhere. NHL.com thinks Cody Hodgson is close to perfect. I know. He’s hard to resist. So totally rad and cute as a freakin button. He also just scored a hat trick in the OHL all star game and had 2 assists. He’s a Canuck, my darlings! What a consolation prize for missing the playoffs.
– I was starting to wonder where Trev Linden was hiding, and then look what was on Kukla’s Korner today. From Metro Vancouver. Trev is auctioning himself off on Valentine’s Day for charity. Swoooon. Of course he’s married, but still. Spending an afternoon with Trev would be wicked. If anyone could get me to like that holiday it would be him…
– Speaking of swooning, is there anything more baby having inducing than hockey players with…well their babies? Ryan Kesler and Kevin Bieksa skated out at the Super Skills on Sunday with their little ones, and it couldn’t have been more adorable.
Say it with me now, “AWWWW!”
They know just how to play me in the midst of an epic losing streak. Jerks.
– The Canucks should really try and beat the Hawks on Saturday because they’re in 8th right now and a first round meeting with the Sharks…would not be good. Not good at all.